NASHVILLE, Tennessee—July 24, 2018—HealthTrust today recognized five member organizations with its highest honor, a Member Recognition Award, during the annual HealthTrust University Conference (HTU). The performance improvement company for healthcare established the Member Recognition program to acknowledge outstanding contributions of members and individuals for achieving operational excellence and demonstrating best practices benefitting healthcare providers and their patients.
Awards were presented in the following categories.
- Outstanding Member – Recognizes members who have demonstrated exceptional fiscal improvement by leveraging HealthTrust savings initiatives, maintaining contract compliance and adopting new contract categories.
- Operational Excellence – Recognizes members who have implemented best practices in streamlining and maximizing supply chain operations and/or cost savings initiatives.
- Clinical Excellence – Recognizes members who have demonstrated best practices in executing clinical initiatives leading to improvements in care outcomes, physician engagement, operational efficiency and/or financial savings.
- Social Stewardship – Recognizes impactful contributions in the areas of environmental sustainability, supplier diversity or community outreach.
- Gita Wasan Patel Pharmacy Excellence Award – Named in honor of former HealthTrust Pharmacy Clinical Advisory Board member Gita Wasan Patel, this award recognizes members who have implemented and demonstrated best practices in pharmaceutical initiatives including improvements in patient care outcomes, operational efficiency and/or financial savings.
The 2018 Member Recognition Award recipients are:
Outstanding Member – Parrish Medical Center, Titusville, Florida
- George Mikitarian, DHA, FACHE, president and CEO
- Michael Sitowitz, CPA, MBA, controller
- Robert Wildermuth, MBA, CPA, CMRP, director of materials management – team leader
- Tina Phillips, RT (R)(CV) RCIS, CMRP, operations manager
- Frank Polidora, buyer
- Valerie Cooper, buyer
- Sue Lessard, OR/SPD inventory coordinator
Operational Excellence – Trinity Health, Livonia, Michigan
- Suzette Bouchard-Isackson MSN, RN, NEA-BC, system director, perioperative services and transformation team officer
- Kelley Young, director, strategic sourcing
- Mark Pinto, MD, MBA, medical director of surgical services and orthopedic service line
- Walter Whitehouse, Jr., MD, medical director advisor, surgical services
Clinical Excellence – Scripps Health, San Diego, California
- Jonathan Worsey, MD, surgeon, medical director of value analysis and co-chair surgery care line
- Cecile Hozouri, executive leader, supply chain
- Erin Arnold, BSN, RN, CNOR, clinical resource specialist, RN
- Stacy Griffin, director, supply chain logistics
- Lisa Otte, director, cost accounting
Social Stewardship – Saint Peter’s University Hospital, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Linda Carroll, RN-BC, MSN, vice president of patient care services and chief nursing officer
- Margaret Drozd, MSN, RN, APRN-BC, director, community health services
- Genevieve Kumapley, PharmD, BCOP, clinical pharmacy specialist
Pharmacy Excellence – WellSpan York Hospital, York, Pennsylvania
- Larry Owens, PharmD, BCPS, clinical pharmacy specialist
- Benson Mathew, PharmD, BCPS, clinical pharmacist
- Nicholas Haas, PharmD, clinical pharmacist
- Brittany Thomas, PharmD, clinical pharmacist
- Christine Higgins, RPh, CPE, clinical pharmacist
- Danielle Bowen, PharmD, BCPS, CDE, clinical pharmacist
Following the HTU Conference in Nashville, recipients will also be highlighted in the third quarter edition of The Source magazine for HealthTrust members.
HealthTrust (Healthtrust Purchasing Group, L.P.) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage its operator experience, scale and innovation. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, HealthTrust (www.healthtrustpg.com) serves over 1,500 hospitals and health systems, and more than 31,000 other member locations including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites. On Twitter @healthtrustpg.
# # #