LAS VEGAS, Nevada—July 18, 2017—HealthTrust has recognized 21 individuals with its highest honor during the 2017 HealthTrust University Conference in Las Vegas. The healthcare performance improvement company established its annual Member Recognition Award program to acknowledge outstanding contributions of member organizations for demonstrating best practices and achieving operational excellence benefitting providers and their patients. Awards were presented in five categories.
- Outstanding Member – recognizes members who have demonstrated exceptional fiscal improvement by leveraging HealthTrust savings initiatives, maintaining contract compliance and adopting new contract categories.
- Operational Excellence – recognizes members who have implemented best practices in streamlining and maximizing supply chain operations and/or cost savings initiatives.
- Clinical Excellence – recognizes members who have demonstrated best practices in executing clinical initiatives leading to improvements in care outcomes, physician engagement, operational efficiency and/or financial savings.
- Social Stewardship – recognizes members for impactful contributions in the areas of environmental sustainability, supplier diversity or community outreach.
- Gita Wasan Patel Pharmacy Excellence Award – named in honor of former HealthTrust Pharmacy Clinical Advisory Board member Gita Wasan Patel – recognizes members who have implemented and demonstrated best practices in pharmaceutical initiatives including improvements in patient care outcomes, operational efficiency and/or financial savings.
The 2017 Member Recognition Award recipients are:
Outstanding Member Award
RCCH HealthCare Partners, Brentwood, Tennessee
- Rob Jay, executive vice president, operations and group president
- Brian Hitchcock, vice president, materiel resource operations
- Steven Boyett, manager, materiel resource operations
Operational Excellence Award
RWJBarnabas Health, West Orange, New Jersey
- John Doll, corporate CFO and executive sponsor
- Bob Taylor, senior vice president of supply chain
- Paula Strollo, vice president of supply chain consolidated operations
- Mary Twomey, vice president of clinical resource management
- John Tomocheck, vice president of data management and analytics
- Tracy Burrell-Hancock, vice president of supply chain facility operations
- Richard Hill, vice president of supply chain integration
- Phil Maneri, system vice president of contracting and sourcing
Clinical Excellence Award
Hackensack University Medical Center, Transitions of Care Team, Hackensack, New Jersey
- Nilesh Desai, MS, RPh, MBA, administrator of pharmacy and clinical operations
- Jewell Thomas, PharmD, supervisor of Transitions of Care
- Dianne Aroh, MS, RN, FACHE, NEA-BC, executive vice president, chief clinical and patient experience officer
Social Stewardship Award
Marissa Wilson, BSN, RN, CPhT, patient assistance coordinator, CHI Memorial Hospital, Chattanooga, Tennessee
Gita Wasan Patel Pharmacy Excellence Award
Ardent Health Services, Nashville, Tennessee
- Tom Chickerella, vice president of supply chain
- Travis Lawler, PharmD, director of pharmacy, BSA Health System, Amarillo, Texas
- Amber Elliott, PharmD, BCPS, pharmacy clinical coordinator and residency program director, BSA Health System, Amarillo, Texas
- Luke Barnett, PharmD, clinical manager, BSA Health System, Amarillo, Texas
- Roland Plude, director of materials management, BSA Health System, Amarillo, Texas
- Kara Fortune, corporate director of pharmacy services
The recipients and their organizations will be highlighted in the third quarter 2017 edition of The Source magazine for HealthTrust members.
HealthTrust (Healthtrust Purchasing Group, L.P.) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, HealthTrust (www.healthtrustpg.com) serves approximately 1,600 acute care facilities and members in more than 26,000 other locations, including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites. On Twitter @healthtrustpg.
# # #