Hear a Vice President of Pharmacy discuss clinical operations standardization
In this episode, Rick Phillips, VP Advisory Services with HealthTrust talks to HealthTrust Clinical Warrior, David Silverman, Vice President of Pharmacy at Prime Healthcare. This is a conversation about leadership in difficult times, proactive thinking, and the importance of putting patients first. We hope you find as much value in this Candid Conversation as we did.
- 0:18 – Introduction & background
- 3:04 – Family career influence
- 5:24 – Prioritized standardization strategy
- 7:06 – Passion around advocacy
- 9:51 – COVID response
- 13:27 – Drug inventory strategy
- 15:37 – Preventing shortages
- 18:44 – Help of HealthTrust
- 20:34 – Rapidly changing clinical guidance
- 24:05 – Staffing management & ingenuity
- 29:08 – Allocations and purchasing
- 31:31 – Lessons learned
We encourage you to share this podcast with friends and colleagues.
David Silverman PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP is the Vice President of Pharmacy at Prime Healthcare overseeing pharmacy clinical and operational services for 45 hospitals in 14 states. Over his 13 year career, David has served in various hospital-level and corporate-level roles ranging from a staff pharmacist, clinical pharmacy, Corporate Clinical Pharmacy Direct, Regional Pharmacy Director. David obtained his PharmD degree from Rutgers University and completed a PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency at Hackensack University Medical Center. Thereafter, he obtained dual board certification in pharmacotherapy (BCPS) and critical care (BCCCP). Currently he is focused on continuity of pharmacy services, pharmacy supply chain, and mitigation efforts pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic.