Listen to a discussion about product and supplier IT security
In this episode, we talk to Matthew Webb, Chief Product Security Officer at HealthTrust. This is a conversation about advancing technologies and the resulting complexities around product security and patient safety and how our newest HealthTrust IT colleague will provide guidance for our membership. Matthew discusses the importance of the product security role and the steps our membership can take to ensure product and supplier security.
- 0:31 – Introductions
- 1:05 – Background and job role
- 2:36 – What is product security?
- 3:37 – Development of the CPSO role
- 5:45 – Randsomware tips
- 7:41 – Security responsibility
- 10:18 – Security best practices
- 12:37 – Quick implementation ideas
- 16:41 – Supplier partnerships
- 19:32 – What does success look like?
- 21:02 – Patient privacy and safety
- 25:21 – Final thoughts
We encourage you to share this podcast with friends and colleagues.Share Email