Hear how a palliative care doctor addressed the tough conversations
In this episode, Dr. Jessica Israel, Senior VP of Geriatrics and Palliative Care at RWJBarnabas’ Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, New Jersey discusses providing comfort, honesty, and crucial information during difficult conversations. Armed with empathy and wisdom, Dr. Israel and her team tackle tough topics. We count ourselves lucky to have learned about the work they’re doing and we hope you enjoy the conversation.
- 1:12 – Palliative care during COVID
- 3:28 – Tools to help families navigate
- 6:27 – Initiating difficult conversations
- 9:42 – Meeting families where they are
- 12:53 – Palliative care explained
- 16:28 – Best resources for hospitals
- 21:02 – A message to clinicians
We encourage you to share this podcast with friends and colleagues.
Dr. Jessica Israel was recently published on the Harvard Business Review website. The article, “Delivering Grim News to Covid-19 Patients’ Families” provides a deeper look into the support that Dr. Israel is providing at her facilities.Share Email